Thursday, 3 May 2012

Nog and the Land of Noses by Bruce Whatley

My Rating:1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5 Star





In the Land of Noses everybody's nose did something special. Except for Nog. In this charming and quirky story Bruce Whatley plays with noses and their functions in the Land of Noses. There are running noses, picked noses, blocked noses...all kinds of noses! Nog thinks his nose just sits on his face and does nothing at all...until 'trouble' arrives and Nog smells it first. From GoodReads








Okay, so I have a secret, not so secret love of picture books. I think they are awesome and the great ones are as much for the growed ups as for the munchkins. The title of this one grabbed me straight away, and I am in love with the font and illustrations. They're a lot like Leunig to me, and I love them. 






This is a really sweet story, following Nog who's not quite sure of his place in the world until the terrible Pepper Storm hits The Land of Noses and he's the only one that can tell it's coming. 


It's a great way to subtly show children that everyone has their own special talents and some take longer than others to discover. But there's plenty of puns for older kids and parents too.



The photos don't really do it justice, if you are able, go find a copy of this book and have a look and a giggle. 

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! So cute! Seriously, I can you imagine you at work, sitting in the children's section, in a little nest of picture books... which is TOTALLY out of character, because I know you'd FREAK at the mess, but still ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...