Monday, 30 April 2012

Blogspiration (12) Tomorrow





Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.






 

OMG How much do I love Anne of Green Gables? It was my sister's sick movie. Whenever she was sick, out came the videos of Anne of Green Gables and The Continuing Story. And since this past week I have been dying of Gangrene Scarlet Mumpy Pox I figured it was appropriate to be nostalgic and dream of Canadian countrysides and Gilbert Blythe. 

OMG How dreamy is Gilbert Blythe. But I can just hear Marilla saying this to Anne in my head and so not only is it a pretty awesome message but it's filling me with a warm tingly feeling inside the way only large amounts of sugar and snuggling in my quilt can do. 


Have you seen Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows? Did you also want to marry Gilbert Blythe? Have you since childhood always harboured a desire to move to Canada and marry some lovely Canadian boy and move to Prince Edward Island with some of the prettiest houses and tree lined lanes? Doesn't it also make you want to marry Canadian hockey players because they are awesome? No? Must just be me then. :) 




Also: EIGHT NEW FOLLOWERS IN ONE WEEK! BOOYAH! Thanks everyone, you're certainly all filling me with warm gooey caramel feelings :)

10 comments:

  1. ...OK, OKAAAAAY. I will watch Anne of Green Gables...

    err... eventually...

    *cough*

    Hehehe! I LOVE the quote, and I LOVE that one movie/show/thing you go back to over and over when you just need some happy. I watch the BBC P&P over and over :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will watch BBC P&P when I need a good dose of emotional scarring. I still can't watch the first four episodes. But I do like watching the last one for the rabid monkey eye sex between the two of them.

      Delete
    2. *snort* rabid monkey eye sex? O___O

      Hehehe--I know you no likey, but I LOVE :D

      Delete
    3. We were assigned an episode of the miniseries each and we had to dissect it. I got given episode six. My analysis included Bingley still wanting Darcy's approval to propose to Jane, the result of Lydia's wedding, Lady Catherine De Burgh's visit etc and I just happened to mention that Darcy and Elizabeth exchange a lot of rabid monkey eye sex. Blagrove was NOT amused.

      Delete
  2. I read the Anne books SO MANY times growing up. They're so... wholesome, in the very best sense of the word.
    And a heroine who a) loves books b) loves writing and c) has an enormous imagination? How could I not identify?
    I think Megan Follows did a perfect job at bringing Anne to life for those movies.
    Such a reassuring quote! Hope you feel better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She's such an awesome character. And I love that she's always chipper and giggly. She's always trying to be as positive as possible, except when she's in the depths of despair.

      Delete
  3. Ohmygoodness, Anne of Green Gables. I think I read all the books when I was in grade school! Or, well, in my first two years of high school at the latest. Haha! I remember liking Gilbert, too—not at first, but eventually I did. I apparently reminded people of Diana. And Marilla... Man, time flies. All the memories!

    Thanks for this, and congratulations on all the followers! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! 8 followers - that's insane! (I think so anyway...)

    And I'm still waiting on that day with no mistakes. I hope it will show up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, YOU HAVE 34 FOLLOWERS!!!!! YYEEAAAHHHHH :D

    Second, I've never seen Anne of Green Gables.

    Third, Please don't make me watch it :/

    Fourth, I. LOVE. THAT. QUOTE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would on earth would you NOT want to watch it? I no likes you anymore.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...