Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

My Rating:1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star 
 
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever. From Goodreads.  


It's been so long since I read Hush, Hush that I'd forgotten why I liked it so much more than Twilight. Now that I've read Silence I remember that it's because even though the story lines are identical, the writing is SO much better. 

I can't remember anything at all about the angels/Nephil history so all of that went straight over my head. I do remember not really understanding how it all worked, and I still don't think I really understand it at the end of Silence

However, in the end this didn't really matter to my level of enjoyment of the book. It was full of action, it was fast paced and it was incredibly engaging. I didn't find Nora or Vee anywhere near as annoying as they were in the last two books and I can even see that Nora is slowly but surely maturing as a character. (See that SMeyer, how it makes the stories BETTER???) I was actually quite surprised how invested I was in the storyline, even though I wasn't really all that invested in the characters. Though I do admit that by a fifth of the way through the book I was once again GAGA for Patch.



4 comments:

  1. Eeee! I'm so glad you wound up liking it! And Patch, OMG, yes! Right? I liked him more in Silence than I did any of the other books. He showed genuine care and love for Nora, in a way we've not seen in the other books. And this has to be the most exciting instalment in the series yet! So exciting and fast paced! I know it didn't you, but from the beginning of the prologue I was HOOKED. The mystery, tension, menace and excitement that made HH good was back and I LOVED it. Actually, I kind of wished the whole book was written from that 3rd person perspective. I LOVED it, and my irritations with Nora probably would've been ignored. Plus, Becca just wrote it SO WELL. Anyways. Yay! Silence! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did write really well. I was really impressed cos I didn't remember it being that good. And I really was hooked on all the suspense. All the terror of running through the cemetery and not knowing how she got there and stuff was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Exactly! I think she outdid herself :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason you didn't remember/understand the Nephilim history is because NO ONE ELSE DID!!! I've had this conversation with some of my friends and we're all pretty confused when it comes to Becca's take on angels. *shrugs* At least Patch is HOT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...